20. March 2017
To provide global legal and business affairs services support to FMI, predominantly focussing on international sales and distribution activities and in supporting high performing global sales teams, predominantly in North America.
· Checking and approving deal memos within tight timeframes.
· Drafting and negotiating standard long form contracts and amendments.
· Reviewing and amending third party agreements (with supervision where applicable).
· Proof-reading contracts.
· Tracking all contracts and updating WIP lists.
· Ensuring all contracts are turned round as soon as possible by liaising both internally and with licensees.
· Establish and successfully maintain relationships with Sales Execs and sales co–ordinators globally.
· Maintaining efficient filing in line with department’s filing policies for all contracts and correspondence.
· Dealing promptly with general queries and/ or requests from sales and production executives, internal support teams and licensees relating to contractual or business affairs issues.
· Point of contact for in-house rights databases – both within Legal team and for system upgrades and testing.
· Be able to know when upwards referral is required and ensure more senior team members are kept across matters when required.
· Keeping up to date with changes and developments in relevant laws and distribution practices in a fast moving media sales environment.
· Other duties as required by the department.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Experience of working within a legal and business affairs environment.
· Experience in media environment.
· Computer Literate (MS Office, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
· Ability to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
· Highly organised administrator.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Good (level appropriate) drafting skills.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills, resilient.
· Proactive, able to work autonomously and use initiative.
· Commercial awareness.
· Collaborative approach, able to work well as part of a team.
· Cultural sensitivity.
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Knowledge of the global TV distribution business including digital distribution.
· International and cultural awareness.
· Practical knowledge of the “worksite “system desirable but not essential.
· Data Rights Management System.